A Potpourri of Vestiges is a proud beneficiary of the prestigious Liebster Award. Well, the literal meaning of “Liebster” is love, and I believe the most important thing that we are here for is to spread love.
The Liebster is an award that's passed from blogger to blogger as recognition of the quality of work. We have been really fortunate to simultaneously receive this from two esteemed sources: Eric from The Movie Waffler, and Sarah and Andrew from Two Tickets For.
There are a few guidelines that must be followed in order to accept the award:
Each person must post 11 things about themselves
Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.
Go to their page and tell them.
NO TAG BACKS
11 things about Me
1. After reading “Confessions of a Born Spectator” by my favorite poet Ogden Nash in my high school, I finally learnt to acknowledge the benefits associated with the life of a spectator.
2. While I am really passionate about Cinema and Cricket; Tennis, Formula 1 and Cycling are not far behind.
3. My all-time favorite actor is Al Pacino; while Brando, De Niro, Day-Lewis are near second.
4. My favorite writer is Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
5. My favorite movie is Akira Kurosawa’s Dersu Uzala.
6. My favorite TV show is Sherlock.
7. My all-time favorite Cricketer is Brian Charles Lara.
8. My favorite Formula 1 driver is Michael Schumacher.
9. My favorite filmmakers are Akira Kurosawa, Andrei Tarkovsky, Luis Bunuel, Federico Fellini, Ingmar Bergman, Orson Welles, Satyajit Ray, Stanley Kubrick, and Sergio Leone.
10. I happen to have a sweet tooth.
11. My all-time favorite movie finale is the truel sequence in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
Answers to the 11 questions (Asked by The Movie Waffler)
1. Which city and country do you live in? New Delhi, India
2. If I should watch one movie I may not have seen what should it be? Pather Panchali
3. What's the best comment that's been left on your site? “I can’t believe that 1988 was the year u made contact!!! I thought you were much older!!!”—In Reply to a Post Written As Part Of “THE YEAR I MADE CONTACT BLOGATHON”.
4. And the worst? The same as the best, depending on one’s interpretation.
5.Of all the posts you've written, which are you proudest of? Vote of Thanks on completing 100K hits
6. What inspired you to be a blogger? My penchant for cinema
7. Do you write in your native language? Unfortunately, not yet
8. How often do you visit the cinema? 1-2 times a month, depending on the movies
9. If someone is sitting near you in the cinema and keeps talking do you call them out or ignore them? Ignore them :-)
10. When it comes to new movie releases have we ever had it so bad? Luckily, No
11. Is 3D here to stay? I very much doubt it!
Answers to the 11 questions (Asked by Two Tickets For)
1. What made you want to start blogging? My ever growing Passion for Movies
2. Who is the most influential person in your life? My Mother
3. Which movie are you most looking forward to that comes out from here to the end of 2012? Django Unchained
4. What hobby do you like to do besides blog? Exploring International Cinema
5. What is your favorite cult classic movie? A Clockwork Orange
6. If you could do something else with your life besides what you currently do, what would it be? Fimmaking
7. If time travel existed, what would you use it for? I would probably travel back in time to the Renaissance Period or maybe to the Old West.
8. If you could be any television or movie character in history, who would you be and why? Superman
9. Boxers or briefs? Boxers
10. If you could make one change to any movie, what would it be and why? I would change the ending of The Dark Knight Rises and let Bruce Wayne die in the ancient prison, allowing John Blake (Robin) to take his place in the final duel against Bane, for I have never been a huge fan of Hollywood-like meaningless, blissfully happy endings.
11. Describe your perfect movie-going experience. It’s something that can’t be expressed in words.
Note: Now, before moving to the next guideline where I must share 11 questions to be answered by the nominated bloggers, I must make this point very clear that there is absolutely no compulsion from my side to fulfill the guidelines. If you like it then you can go ahead with it, but if you don’t then please don’t feel obligated to do so.
1. What is your full name and nationality?
2. What drives you to write?
3. Who is your favorite moviemaker?
4. Who is your favorite blogger?
5. Which is the best article that you have ever read on the internet?
6. Which is your favorite book?
7. How often do you watch movies?
8. What is the one thing that completely turns you off?
9. What is your greatest fear?
10. What is your greatest passion?
11. What is the one quality about the opposite sex that you admire the most?
Bloggers whose works I deeply admire and feel they deserve the Liebster Award (Irrespective of their choice to participate further). Here, I have been forced to overlook a few blogs that have previously received (according to the best of my knowledge) the prestigious award.
Please take some time out to explore them, for I assure you that it would be time well spent :-)
People who liked this also liked...